Care and properties of linen
100% Linen fabric properties
1. 100% linen fabric is 3 times stronger and 5 times more resistant than cotton;
2. 100% linen fabric does not cause allergic reactions and is a natural antiseptic, therefore, flax is very suitable even for young children and people with skin problems;
3. After each wash, 100% linen fabric becomes softer and less wrinkled;
4. During long-term use, 100% linen fabric does not turn yellow, but on the contrary - it becomes whiter and softer;
5. 100% linen fabric dries very quickly, so the fabric warms up in cold weather, but cools down on hot days;
6. 100% linen fabric is resistant to static electricity;
7. 100% Linen fabric provides the best microclimate for the skin compared to other fabrics, i.e. flax is breathable, perfectly absorbs moisture and sweat (linen fabric can absorb 20% of its body weight and still be dry). This is very relevant for people with very sensitive skin or eczema;
8. 100% linen fabric is ecological, because it leaves absolutely no waste, does not cause any damage to nature and ecology, it is 100% decomposed;
9. 100% linen fabric wrinkles very quickly, but this crease is a sign of authenticity and good quality;
10. 100% linen fabric splits the effects of radiation in half and protects the human body from ultraviolet rays;
11. Linen fabric shall be used for protective clothing for spacecraft and the protection of outer space.
Discover all these good qualities by purchasing soft, 100% linen fabrics in the Linen section of our e-shop.
To apply all the best properties of linen, and to enjoy the longevity and quality of a linen product, you need to know the main things about the care of linen products:
Linen can be washed by hands, in the washing machine, or using dry cleaning services.
Bleaching detergents are only suitable for white linen, but colored linen should be washed with delicate detergents or mild soap.
Chlorite-containing bleaches are also not recommended as they can destroy the fabric structure.
If the water used for washing is containing limestone, then we recommend adding a softener, especially when washing darker linen products. Never wash whites and dark fabrics together.
If you wash the linen products in the washing machine, do not overload it or push it full, but let the linen products move easily,
otherwise, it may become streaked and jerky.
Please remember that if the linen fabric is combined with other materials, then pay attention to the properties of these materials when washing the goods.
Linen products must be rinsed thoroughly, both by hand and in the washing machine.
The advantage of using a dry cleaning service is that the linen products will be thoroughly ironed. We recommend dry cleaning curtains and Roman blinds at the dry cleaning, so you will avoid shrinkage of the products.
If any stain appears on the fabric, it can be removed with detergent, but first try it on the wrong side of clothing. Allow the detergent to soak into the fabric, hold for two, three minutes, and wash.
If the detergent did not leave any visible changes or bleached the paint, then it can be used for washing linen clothes.
Drying can be done in a tumble dryer and naturally by hanging. The linen will be crumpled after washing, so the washed and lightly shaken fabric or linen product must be hung properly. As the linen dries very quickly, it is very important not to allow it to dry too much, as this will make it difficult to iron the linen product.
The best way to iron linen is when it's still a little damp:
It will be easier to iron and will not require extra moisture or steam.
It is recommended to iron the wrong side of the fabric - this will protect the linen from shining and discoloration.
Use a hot iron (mode 3) with steam to iron wrinkles. After ironing, leave the products slightly damp by hanging in a cool, dry, and well-ventilated room. Then allow the products to dry completely.